Peter Samms Equipment Ltd is a SEMA approved Installation Company (SAIR) for racking installation and maintenance for all types of storage. In addition to this we are also able to provide a service of supplying and installing mezzanine floors, office partitioning and suspended ceilings.
Peter Samms Equipment Limited recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practice in all we do.
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees, and we aim to minimise our potential impact on the environment through the course of all work activities carried out. We strive to improve our environmental impact performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods and we endeavour to encourage our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Mr Richard Mark Samms Managing Director; is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implementer. However all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are achieved.
We Will: –
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
Policy Aims Continued;
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non –renewable.
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its company vehicles and the source of its power requirement.
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly.
- Where required, by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
Signature of Person Responsible for this Environmental Policy;-
Date: – 12.03.2019
Next Review Date 12.03.2020